Thursday, October 6, 2011

My Lovely Hotel

Well I am still at the Novotel in Mumbai. Actually I am totally OK with that. Moving into an apartment and all that will entail can wait as long as it needs to. I am very comfortable here actually. With the better weather I am hanging outside by the pool and by the ocean a bit more. They are slowly taking the wet weather roofing off the patios and opening the open air restaurants on the patio. I am using the gym and have had a nice massage from the spa. I eat every day in the main restaurant for both breakfast and dinner and never really get bored. They have a great variety and I'm not that picky. I am a bit famous here for having had coffee with the entirely famous director of the film, and because I am always at breakfast with a chess game running on my iPhone. (Hi Joel!) The chefs know my omelette is "ham, peppers, cheese and cilantro" and it comes before I can order it every morning at breakfast. The birds fly outside the window all the time and the view down the beach is nicer now that it has been cleaned up some and the weather is clearing. I never thought I'd be able to stand it in a hotel for weeks but this has been OK. I suspect I'll miss it when I go.





No comments:

Post a Comment